As one of the leading champions for entrepreneurship in Europe and the UK, Julie Meyer from Ariadne Capital says that they have invested in more women than men. Even more refreshing ideas come from the well spoken, blonde lady when she says that the European tech industry should not copy the American way of doing things. She came to Europe 25 years ago for different reasons. Ludwig Siegele, The Economist's journalist asks what else Julie would like to do for a living if she wasn't a venture capitalist. As she loves her job as much as she does, Julie can only imagine being a writer telling the stories of the entrepreneurs that she finds all over the world.
To link your Twitter account with your DLD profile, we need you to enter your DLD Email and Password. You only do this once.
To link your Facebook account with your DLD profile, we need you to enter your DLD Email and Password. You only do this once.
Mentioned in this live blog
Founder & CEO
US Technology Editor
All DLDwomen13 Blogposts
- Creative Collaboration
- Sleep as a Risk Factor
- Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs and Wear Cows
- Learn, Learn, Learn!
- Workshop: The Art of Screwing / Die Feine Art des Vögelns
- Avian intelligence: Innovation skills in tool-using New Caledonian crows and parrots
- Brands Go Social
- How Does Biology Drive Behavior
- Everlasting Love?
- Workshop: "Family Planning for the LGBT Community"
- Passion for Fashion
- Glamour Patterns
- How to Trigger Female Entrepreneuship
- Let's Start Up - Guide to Your Own Business
- It's About Choices - From Contraception to Social Freezing
- Please Walk on the Grass - the Art of Getting Lost and Finding Yourself
- Decisionmaking - Why You Can't Always Get What You Want
- Hurdles of Philanthropy
- Africa Connect
- DLDwomen Impact Award 2013
- Innovation Made in Europe
- Workshop: "Build a Community"
- Images Leading the Way
- Power & Leadership in Changing Times
- How Helping Women Helps the World
- Workshop: "How to Win Men’s Support for Change"
- Forget About Old Boys' Clubs
- Where are Marla Zuckerberg, Mary Jobs and Joan Bezos?
- The Female Quota - A Success Story?
- Workshop: "Living without Fear"
- A True Romance - Digital & Luxury
- Is Media Ruling Our Self-Perception?
- The Athena Doctrine
- Diversity Beyond Gender
- Workshop: "We All Have a Voice. We Just Need to Find It!"
- The Power of Words - A Storyteller's View
- Protection of Personal Data – A European Wake Up Call
- Demo - Detect Your Thoughts, Feelings Emotions!
- Demo - Track Yourself!
- Future of Work - Germany meets Silicon Valley