The panel starts with Simone Mennes, CFO at Lufthansa for whom power is something that you should strive for. But, power is ambiguous and whenever you need to make use of it to change things it will also change yourself. The current paradox is that nowadays you need to give power away to come to a leading position as a company as well as a person. Women are better in that than men, as women tend to use power for more social reasons. Hence, more women in power can help balance the tradeoff. Theodor Weimer follows on that with a topic that evolves around what kind of leadership do we need for our future? Two trends impact us: globalization and social media. We turn into a tech based, political economy. Social media is becoming highly influential in the tech and political world. Social media leads us actually to a less diverse community. Facebook pushes extrimity and the world in black and white and like or dislike. What do we need for the future? There is a need for more emotional leadership by giving ideas and directions. In the end, those who do not manage, will be behind. If you don't move with the time, time will move without you. In a further discussion round, Ana-Cristina Grohnert emphasizes the entrepreneurship in big corporations and the importance of flexibility in this regard. The current generation's goal is to work less and live more. "For innovation, there also must be tools to overcome hierachy rules" (Simone Mennes) How to bring leadership to corporations? Theodor Weimar, decided to do Townhall meeting when he took over the job at HVB, a very different enviroment than the high performance culture he was used to at McKinsey and Goldman Sachs. At the end of the day, leadership is about making other people to follow you.
To link your Twitter account with your DLD profile, we need you to enter your DLD Email and Password. You only do this once.
To link your Facebook account with your DLD profile, we need you to enter your DLD Email and Password. You only do this once.
Mentioned in this live blog
Hubert Burda Media
Hubert Burda Media
Deutsche Boerse AG
Deutsche Boerse AG
US Technology Editor
All DLDwomen13 Blogposts
- Creative Collaboration
- Sleep as a Risk Factor
- Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs and Wear Cows
- Learn, Learn, Learn!
- Workshop: The Art of Screwing / Die Feine Art des Vögelns
- Avian intelligence: Innovation skills in tool-using New Caledonian crows and parrots
- Brands Go Social
- How Does Biology Drive Behavior
- Everlasting Love?
- Workshop: "Family Planning for the LGBT Community"
- Passion for Fashion
- Glamour Patterns
- How to Trigger Female Entrepreneuship
- Let's Start Up - Guide to Your Own Business
- It's About Choices - From Contraception to Social Freezing
- Please Walk on the Grass - the Art of Getting Lost and Finding Yourself
- Decisionmaking - Why You Can't Always Get What You Want
- Hurdles of Philanthropy
- Africa Connect
- DLDwomen Impact Award 2013
- Innovation Made in Europe
- Workshop: "Build a Community"
- Images Leading the Way
- Power & Leadership in Changing Times
- How Helping Women Helps the World
- Workshop: "How to Win Men’s Support for Change"
- Forget About Old Boys' Clubs
- Where are Marla Zuckerberg, Mary Jobs and Joan Bezos?
- The Female Quota - A Success Story?
- Workshop: "Living without Fear"
- A True Romance - Digital & Luxury
- Is Media Ruling Our Self-Perception?
- The Athena Doctrine
- Diversity Beyond Gender
- Workshop: "We All Have a Voice. We Just Need to Find It!"
- The Power of Words - A Storyteller's View
- Protection of Personal Data – A European Wake Up Call
- Demo - Detect Your Thoughts, Feelings Emotions!
- Demo - Track Yourself!
- Future of Work - Germany meets Silicon Valley