Crazy stuff here in Munich.
• many regions will play a significant role in the future, not only Silicon Valley
• local neighborhood, micro-ecosystems
** Frederik Brantner, Magazino**
• Serial entrenepreur, first company at age 16
• robots e-commerce – retailer
• open sourced software based tech – one oft the biggest in Germany
Manfred Krischke, CloudEO
• Space business, data business, new ecosystem, brings the shared economy to the space industry
• Value chains
• We failed years ago because the ecosystem wasn’t right
Carolin Fiechtner, Leaf Republic
• sustainable material, some of the issues we are facing today
• using raw materials, leaves from trees, making plates, one-way dishes to replace paper/card board totally in the future
• we can't solve all problems with digitalization
• "you can't replace toilet paper with your iPad"
Jakob Bitner, Volt Storage
• hardware, battery storage solution for private households
• storage device – 50% of solar energy ist used – the grid is a backup system
3 electric airplane companies right now. Siemens is also doing this - Frank Anton
• Siemens pilots in electric aircraft?
• Next46 – e-aircraft is one startup of Next46
• ecosystem within Siemens
• 100 of lawyers, 100 of specialists
• hybrid electric propulsion aircraft
• piloting – essential is doing it with application partners e.g. Airbus, small & large partners
• "Munich is good for local, Munich is good for global“
• "To develop products you need a specific infrastructure“
• We gonna have a subsidy in China. Germany is our first market. We receive lots of input from our partners.
• Munich is pretty cheap in comparison to Silicon Valley – talents are as qualified here and you do not have to compete with Facebook & Google.
• Being close tot he Market is important for companies.
• Primary markets.
• We have to be the trail blazers in Germany – message to politicians.
• „talent keeps me here“. The main driver is that we get talent here – not just from the university but also internationally. Migration is easy. Life quality is high. Munich is cheaper than many of other regions in the world.
Lin Kayser, Hyperganic
• “Quality of living is really high”, “I hire people from all over the world”
• You probably love Trump – makes it easier to attract talent to Munich.
• I grew up here, I have my social network here. Access to pretty diverse industry – many sectors. Big corporates, any kind of applications are close here. 75% non-germans in CloudEO.
• There is no better place in the world to start and produce than Germany and especially Munich – very specialized machine companies, universities, maker space allows us to rapid prototype in Munich.
• Carolin sources leave from India. Munich provided a high quality approach in products.
• Many companies are moving to Asia and move back 10 years later. productivity, quality,