Even though, women read more and are great storytellers, why is it that most well known writers are male? Elif Shakaf says that the reason is about our perception. Women first don't think they have something interesting to say that would make a change. Additional to that, we often perceive creativity as a gift for artists and we expect people in business rather to be rational than creative. What do stories and words do? It connects, different than politics, all readers are connected with the words and the perceptions we have while reading a novel. Even though as a reader or author you read on your own, but we are all connected in this perceived loneliness. This helps us to see as part of someone else and overcome politics.
To link your Twitter account with your DLD profile, we need you to enter your DLD Email and Password. You only do this once.
To link your Facebook account with your DLD profile, we need you to enter your DLD Email and Password. You only do this once.
Mentioned in this live blog
All DLDwomen13 Blogposts
- Creative Collaboration
- Sleep as a Risk Factor
- Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs and Wear Cows
- Learn, Learn, Learn!
- Workshop: The Art of Screwing / Die Feine Art des Vögelns
- Avian intelligence: Innovation skills in tool-using New Caledonian crows and parrots
- Brands Go Social
- How Does Biology Drive Behavior
- Everlasting Love?
- Workshop: "Family Planning for the LGBT Community"
- Passion for Fashion
- Glamour Patterns
- How to Trigger Female Entrepreneuship
- Let's Start Up - Guide to Your Own Business
- It's About Choices - From Contraception to Social Freezing
- Please Walk on the Grass - the Art of Getting Lost and Finding Yourself
- Decisionmaking - Why You Can't Always Get What You Want
- Hurdles of Philanthropy
- Africa Connect
- DLDwomen Impact Award 2013
- Innovation Made in Europe
- Workshop: "Build a Community"
- Images Leading the Way
- Power & Leadership in Changing Times
- How Helping Women Helps the World
- Workshop: "How to Win Men’s Support for Change"
- Forget About Old Boys' Clubs
- Where are Marla Zuckerberg, Mary Jobs and Joan Bezos?
- The Female Quota - A Success Story?
- Workshop: "Living without Fear"
- A True Romance - Digital & Luxury
- Is Media Ruling Our Self-Perception?
- The Athena Doctrine
- Diversity Beyond Gender
- Workshop: "We All Have a Voice. We Just Need to Find It!"
- The Power of Words - A Storyteller's View
- Protection of Personal Data – A European Wake Up Call
- Demo - Detect Your Thoughts, Feelings Emotions!
- Demo - Track Yourself!
- Future of Work - Germany meets Silicon Valley